Newcomers, please check-in at Kids’ Crossing Welcome Center. View the Chapel Map for locations.
- 8:40 a.m. - Check-in begins for the first service
- 9:00 a.m. - Service begins
- 10:40 a.m. - Check-in begins for second service
- 11:00 a.m. - Service begins
Story Truths, Fridays
All preschoolers and their caregivers are invited to join in the fun! Come and enjoy the excitement of a story time in which God’s Truth is shared in an energetic and nurturing environment.
- Small Group Shepherd: Build relationships with a small group of 6-10 children and help them apply the Bible lessons in small group time.
- Special Needs Assistant: Assist with a child with special needs who needs one-on-one attention. Serve during one of the Sunday services, two times per month.
- Tech Team: Support Promiseland lessons by operating lights, sound, and audio-visual equipment in a large group room. Serve during one service on a rotating schedule.
- Drama Team: Use your drama skills to enhance our children’s lessons. Serve on an as-needed basis.
- Hall Shepherd: Greet families on the second floor as they deliver their children to rooms and keep watch over them.
Story Tellers Needed!
Kelly Johnston | 871-2822 | E-mail
Do you love working with preschoolers? Do you love to teach? Do you love to tell stories? Come volunteer as a Story Teller for Story Truths! A curriculum has been newly developed; materials and ideas will be furnished. All you need is your enthusiasm for sharing God’s love with His children!
The Chapel’s Children’s Ministry shares the love of Christ with the children of the Chapel and of our community. We seek to minister to babies and toddlers in a way that reflects the Lord’s love in the quality of our care. We meet preschool and elementary age children (through 5th grade) where they are, share the good news of the Gospel, and help them pursue a relationship with Christ. We want Christ to make Himself known in each Nursery, Sunday School, and Children’s Church class. Minister of Education, Arlene Vander Loon, oversees the Children’s Ministry on a staff level.
Mission Statement For Children’s Ministry
To partner with families in building a biblical foundation that, in God’s timing, will lead a child into a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
Sunday Morning Schedule
Sunday Children’s Ministry programs at the Chapel include Kids’ Kingdom (infant-2 years), PromiseKids (3-5 years), and Promiseland (K-5th grade). Please check the schedule for up-to-date Sunday morning information.
Children’s Ministry also hosts a Vacation Bible School program near the end of July.
The nursery typically provides childcare for most events at the Chapel during the week. Check the Calendar page for Children’s Ministry events and other Chapel events offering childcare.