About the Chapel
Mission and Vision
Williamsburg Community Chapel is an interdenominational family of faith called to make disciples of Jesus Christ by:
- meeting people where they are on their spiritual journey,
- getting people into God’s Word and God’s Word into people,
- and preparing believers for works of service to foster unity and maturity in the Body of Christ.
Statement of Faith
Williamsburg Community Chapel is constituted as an interdenominational church wherein all of those who love Jesus Christ and desire to serve Him may join in one common effort. The Statement of Faith to which this church adheres finds its expression in all of the great historic confessions of the true church of Jesus Christ. Those other elements which have caused confusion and division in the past within the Church of Jesus Christ shall not be permitted to destroy the unity of this body. Accordingly, we urge that attitudes of Christian love and tolerance be expressed toward those within the Body of Christ holding different points of view.
- In one God manifest in three Persons - The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit.
- In the inspiration of all the Scriptures by the Holy Spirit, and that they are the final authority for our faith and practice.
- In the creation of the human race in God’s image as immortal, morally responsible beings whose purpose is to serve and glorify God. Mankind chose rather to serve self-interest and thus all have sinned, creating the need for individual reconciliation to God.
- In the Incarnation and Virgin Birth of the Lord Jesus Christ who, by His shed blood, substitutionary death, and bodily Resurrection, paid the redemptive price for our sins.
- In the salvation of all who trust the Lord Jesus Christ and the just condemnation of all who reject Him.
- In the work of God’s Spirit in the new birth, indwelling the believer, enabling him to grow in the likeness of Christ, and filling him with power to live a life committed to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.
- In the union of all believers as one body in Christ.
- In the bodily Second Coming of the Lord Jesus Christ to claim His own people and to set all things in order.